Holy Toaster: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon)

2 posters

Go down

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon) Empty Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon)

Post  The Crippled Intern 19th May 2011, 10:59 pm

So it seems like they're making a very clear distinction between Torchwood of yore and Torchwood to come.

BBC Worldwide is about to release a new Torchwood box set which consists of the first two seasons and Children of Earth, and they're calling it The Complete Original UK series. The press release refers to what's going to air on Starz as "a remake" of the British show.

The Article

BBC/Warner Home Video have announced that the first three series of Torchwood will be released as one complete boxed set in both Blu-Ray and DVD formats in the United States:

The BBC’s Torchwood is such a hit on U.S. television, breaking ratings records for BBC America and acclaimed by critics as “sci-fi with attitude” (Chicago Tribune) and “one of TV’s most entertainment of sci-fi romps” (USA Today), that it is being remade for U.S. cable network Starz. Timed to coincide with the premiere of the new series on Starz, BBC will bring together the complete, original UK series in this comprehensive box set.

Separate from the government, outside the police, beyond the United Nations, Torchwood sets its own rules. Led by the enigmatic, ever watchful Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman, Doctor Who, Central Park West), the Torchwood team delves into the unknown and fights the impossible. Everyone who works for Torchwood is young. Some say that’s because it’s a new science. Others say it’s because they die young.

The series have previously been available individually in both formats, and though not specified it is believed the new boxed set repackages the original material from the earlier releases.

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series is due out in the United States on 19th July.

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon) Twcomp-bluray

I'll probably get this when it comes out, as I don't own any of the seasons on DVD yet. I wonder if this means that Miracle Day will be marketed as "season 1" here in the states?
The Crippled Intern
The Crippled Intern
Admin

http://www.holytoaster.com

Back to top Go down

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon) Empty Re: Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (coming to Blu-ray and DVD soon)

Post  prof_memes 20th May 2011, 12:58 am

I'll probably pick this up when I have the cash. However, while they are being marketed as "different" and "remake", I do hope there is continuity from the end of Children of Earth into the new American series. I would like to see Captain Jack and Gwen patch things up.
prof_memes
prof_memes

http://twitter.com/prof_memes/

Back to top Go down