Holy Toaster: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles

2 posters

Go down

The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles Empty The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles

Post  prof_memes 18th May 2011, 1:28 am

Folks, I like shooting zombies as much as anyone here at the Toaster, and I must say that these two games give you a significant amount of that. ^^V As some of you may know, Resident Evil: the Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: the Darkside Chronicles are rail-shooters that serve as compilations of the early RE titles. Specifically, the games give the following histories.

Umbrella

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil (REmake)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Spoiler:

Darkside

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (not X)
Spoiler:

I've found these two games very challenging and engaging. Trying to nail Alexia with the Linear Launcher is a serious pain in the ass after you see five craters behind her where you've missed. ><

Also, they are a good way to bring new fans into the realm of the games' storyline, as opposed to the films. Both are two-player simultaneous, so a veteran can help a newbie challenge the bowels of Raccoon City or the walls of Rockfort Island.

Plot-wise, there are some liberties taken here and there with the story.
Spoiler:
However, I do like that they have tied all the stories together, showing how the viruses are all linked and how the characters have grown.
Spoiler:
In short, I believe Capcom has cleaned up the RE canon and condensed it nicely into these two games. Further, you get to relive all these adventures with updated graphics and music. The now-infamous "Third Malformation of 'G'" theme used on the Toaster as a very awesome orchestration, as does the theme from fighting Alexia. ^^V

I recommend both if you have a Wii and are a fan of the RE game franchise. ^^V I've finished Umbrella and all of the "past-content" segments of Darkside. I'll let you know how the last bit goes. ^^v
prof_memes
prof_memes

http://twitter.com/prof_memes/

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles Empty Re: The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles

Post  The Crippled Intern 19th May 2011, 1:52 am

I've played the first game in the franchise. I liked it well enough, but the controls felt a little foggy. I hear the sequel is a little more pin-point accurate, but I haven't had the chance to play it.

Maybe you can bring your Wii around the next time you're in this verse, Memes, and we can indulge in some fun?
The Crippled Intern
The Crippled Intern
Admin

http://www.holytoaster.com

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles Empty Re: The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles

Post  prof_memes 19th May 2011, 4:21 am

Now, that sounds like a plan. ^_^v
prof_memes
prof_memes

http://twitter.com/prof_memes/

Back to top Go down